Greatest Leaders holds information in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018, and the EU General Data Protection Regulation of 2018. We do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure any personal information you share with us is stored securely.
Keeping your data secure is very important to us. By providing your personal details you agree to allow Greatest Leaders to contact you either on the basis of the consents you have given us or for our Legitimate Interests in accordance with current data protection regulations. We will never make your personal data available for marketing purposes to external individuals or organisations.
Greatest Leaders is a partnership registered in the United Kingdom. Greatest Leaders is the data controller responsible for the handling of personal data carried out by or on behalf of users of the website.
COLLECTING & USING INFORMATION
We collect and use personal information in the following ways:
- If you leave comments on the site we collect all data that you submit, which includes your name and photo from your Facebook profile. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- If you sign up to any of our Courses we hold information on your name and email address. You also have the option of uploading an image of yourself as part of your user profile. (If you upload images as part of your profile you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.) We store this personal information about you for as long as your account exists. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. From your profile your name and your image are publicly available on the Leaderboard.
- Whenever you complete a Lesson the three answers you submit as part of the Response are stored on our servers. This is so that we can email you with Email Reminders on what you have committed to do, and so we can display the same information on the My Profile section of the website. No other users ever have access to the answers you submit as part of your Response.
VIEWING YOUR INFORMATION
You can access all the information we hold about you on the My Profile section of the website.
WHO SEES YOUR INFORMATION?
The information we collect when you sign up for Courses is used exclusively within Greatest Leaders. We do not pass any of your personal information to any other organisations or individuals.
Your name and photo is publicly available. All other information you submit (i.e. your Responses) is private. No other users have access to this information, unless you share with them your username and password.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. Administrators can access order information such as your enrolled courses, course progress, username / email address and your submitted Responses.
Any additional information added in your User Profile can also be visible to the administrators.
Greatest Leaders does not receive or hold any credit or debit card details for payments made via our website. All payments are handled via Lemon Squeezy, a third party online payment service.
We use the following third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you:
· This website uses Google Analytics to track website traffic. Collected data is processed in such a way that visitors cannot be identified.
· This website uses YouTube to embed videos on our websites and you may be sent cookies from them via our site.
· This website uses Facebook to enable you to leave comments on our blog posts and you may be sent cookies from them via our site.
As some of these third party services may be based outside of the UK they may not fall under the jurisdiction of UK courts.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a website. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tell a website when the user has returned.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you have an account on this site you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to erasure – that’s also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’ where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing – that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to data portability – that’s a right for you to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. You can see a lot more information on them on the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The General Data Protection Regulation is relatively new and the ICO is still issuing new bits of guidance about how businesses should follow it. This policy may be updated periodically over time.
© Greatest Leaders, December 2023.